Last year, we put a call out for new Hedland Collective Steering Committee members. There was a very strong field of candidates for the positions from the Hedland community, resulting in a competitive process.
The following people were successful in their nominations and we would like to welcome them to the Hedland Collective Steering Committee:
- Celeste Astorino – Western Australian Council of Social Service
- Jaylan Smith – Fortescue Metals Group Ltd
- Narelle Ward – Hedland Network of Principals
- Tarin Colwill – Apprenticeship Support Australia
- Fiona McDonogh – Port Hedland community representative
We are excited about their participation and look forward to seeing what the new Committee members will bring to the Hedland Collective.
We would also like to reintroduce our existing Steering Committee members and thank them for their ongoing dedication to the Hedland Collective:
- Trish Barron, Director People, Place and Community – Pilbara Development Commission
- Rebekah Worthington, CEO – Hedland Well Women’s Centre
- Chris Cottier, Manager of WA Community Relations – BHP Billiton
- Vicki-Tree Stephens, CEO – Youth Involvement Council
- Karen Munro, Community Engagement – Goodline
Thank you also to David Pentz, CEO – Town of Port Hedland, for his time on the Hedland Collective Steering Committee. David is retiring from the Hedland Collective (and his CEO position). We wish him all the best for his move to New Zealand.